Monday, September 12, 2011

My First Day at KCC - Presidential Scholar Elor Kahalani Recounts his Experiences

My first day of college was exactly what I expected. Same as High School, just with a private beach! Usually society tries to view the first day of college as such an amazing and irregular day. According to some movies there should be cheerleaders jumping all over, basketball team members showing their tricks, and many more unrated performances and shows by the various clubs and organization the school habits. That was definitely not my first day of college.
The morning of my first day of college was just like any other morning, hard to get up, don’t want to go to school, too tired to listen to anyone, etc. I think what woke me up was not driving in the pouring rain, but hearing Professor Gordon Young’s voice. His voice woke me up like no magic could! Luckily I have his class every morning so at least ill be more focused during my day.
Next in line was health class. The Professor showed up ten minutes late, I already considered leaving when it reaches 15 minutes! Unfortunately I didn’t get to leave but at least I met Professor Raasch, who is most likely the coolest professor I have ever seen. Wearing his nice sports jacket and his huge gold pendant shaking by his chest, he seemed like a very nice teacher.
Up next was an hour and a half break in which I hung out in the honors lounge! That pretty much was the “bomb” of my day. I was less bored in the lounge than I was in any of my classes, ironic isn’t it? Oh well, right after the break I had English and to my surprise I had a whole bunch of honor students from the Presidential Honors Program there, so I made the best out of it.
Today was a day which I would normally prefer staying in my bed until late, drinking hot chocolate milk and watching TV but I made it to school and fortunately did not regret it! If it wasn’t for the Honors Office, I would have been lonely the whole day! Thanks to the Honors Office and staff I really felt like I am doing something in school today. Whether if it was hanging out with friends in the Honors Lounge, or just bothering Tzila and Navila, I had a great time and I am very thankful and happy I was accepted into this great program!
My first day of college was less exciting than was my first day of High School. I believe once you grow up you don’t really get excited of things, just like I don’t get excited of my birthday anymore. Even though today was practically a waste of about 6 hours, I still had a good time and I am not regretting showing up. I hope the rest of the week will be just a pinch more interesting and challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment